The Maroon Mentors program connects incoming First-generation, Low-income, and/or Immigrant (FLI) students with peer upperclassmen mentors. Through weekly informal check-ins, sponsored programs and outings, our mentor families help each other navigate the College environment, providing support and resources to successfully adapt and transition to college life.
You may contact Talaya LeGette, email@example.com, with any questions about the program.
We are currently seeking upperclassmen and incoming first-year students to participate in Maroon Mentors. If you are interested in participating as either a mentee or mentor, please complete and submit the appropriate Maroon Mentor Application below.
Incoming first-year students selected for participation in Maroon Mentors as mentees are expected to:
- maintain open and clear communication with their mentor and mentor families
- attend mandatory programs and mentor family outings as scheduled
- be willing to engage in small group activities and Maroon Mentor social media forums to build community
In return, mentees can expect:
- weekly one-on-one outreach from their mentor
- planned group outings with their mentor family
- quarterly programs and activities to support mentees with their transition to the College
2019-2020 Mentee Application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/maroonmentees
For more information about mentor responsibilities please review the Mentor Job Description.
2019-2020 New Mentor Application*: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/maroonmentors *Current mentors who would like to reapply for a mentor position should complete the application for returners.
Current Mentors, 2018-2019
Jose Reyes, 3rd year
Sharon Lopez, 4th year
Paulina Torres, 4th year
JT Johnson, 4th year
Moises Rodriguez Cruz, 3rd year
Janice Chen, 3rd year
Ayling Dominguez, 4th year
Mohammed Bashier, 3rd year
Kevin Li, 2nd year
David Gonzalez-Velez, 2nd year
Kristen Lubawski, 4th year
Jess Mora, 3rd year
Jacqueline Ortiz, 4th year
Gabino Sanchez, 3rd year
Elizabeth Koh, 3rd year
Christian Porras, 3rd year
Lissette Gonzalez-Flores, 2nd year
Ashhad Qureshi, 3rd year
Nivedina Sarma, 3rd year
May Malone, 4th year